Thursday, August 8, 2013

Finding a Title

It took me a full week to decide on a title for this Blog, so that I could get started.  I was torn about how to capture all that I might write about with one cute and clever phrase.  I have been wanting to start blogging for awhile, but the problem is that I am not very good at keeping the lines drawn around my different roles when I am writing.  I am a high school librarian, and much of what I will be writing about will have to do with books and new tools/ ideas to use in the library.  However, I am also a wife, a mom, a co-youth pastor, a friend, a card maker....
 And I want this blog to be a place where I can feel free to write about the joys and challenges from all of life.  Of course that means I most likely won't have a very large readership, as few people will share all of those interests, but ultimately that isn't really what this Blog will be about.  Although part of my motivation for staring it is to participate more in my PLN (Professional Learning Network), rather than being a passive consumer of information.  
So, I have come to "An Open Book", which is what I will aspire to being in this Blog. It will be a place where I can share my ideas, challenges, and successes.  I will share posts where I feel they will encourage others, and leave others unread if need be, but I will not censor my rambling thoughts, or put up fences between my different roles.  

No comments:

Post a Comment